[IP] Re: How long does it take???

Kelly was asking how long does it take for good bs numbers to show an effect
on your HA1c.
When we returned to Canada, my daughter's first HA1c was 11 (done by
fingerprick).  She returned to the hospital 3 weeks later for a follow-up
appointment, where she had other bloodwork done, taken from a vein, so she
and I had to be prepared first with Ametop cream (like EMLA) etc.  We didn't
have the HA1C done again, as it hadn't been ordered, and the routine is that
we go right to the lab first, before seeing the doctor.  But the doctor was
disappointed that it wasn't redone, as she said that any improvements would
have been visible with a HA1C test 3 weeks on.
Note: this HA1c was judged to be too poor, thus we were not considered good
pump candidates.  They believe you have to be well controlled first.  We are
off to a new Endo this week-keep your fingers crossed, please.

Barbara, Mum of Claire 6, hoping to be pumping soon.