[IP] RE: genetics of DM

I was wondering about the genetics of IDDM. Does
anyone know what the genetic factor would be if
diabetics would marry? Would that increase the risk
for having a diabetic offspring? What about a single
diabetic parent? Are there other genetic factors
involved in a 2 diabetic-parent family such as
increased risk for other inherited diseases due to the
fact that parental genotypes have these similarities??
I would like to read up on the subject but I can't
really find anything.
I would appreciate any info on the subject.
Thanks to everyone who replied to my CDE
question--still researching.
The Insulin Pumpers website is GREAT!!!!
I LOVE the swapping of ideas, stories and personal

Do You Yahoo!?