[IP] Newspaper Article-child w/Type II

I was upset by a recent article in a local newspaper.  The article was about
a 4 yr. old diabetic and his mothers struggle to be able to let him check
bloodsugars in the classroom and have people at school realize how to treat
high and lows.

What upset me was at the beginning of the article the author wrote that this
boy had Type II diabetes which "is extremely rare for a child" and that it
means that "the pancreas can no longer produce its own insulin, so another
source must be found".  To me that sounds like a description of a Type
I/Juvenile Diabetes.

What do you think?  Are children being diagnosed Type II now?  Is that a fair
description of Type II?

Thanks for any input!