[IP] awaiting pump with questions

Next week I will start the training for my pump.  Currently, I am taking
insulin every time I eat. I experience high blood sugar one hour after I eat
(250-350) and then 3 hours after I eat I am low (40-70).

I am done experimenting  with my current plan and am waiting for the pump.

Do you think the pump will help to even out my levels?

I would like to hear from people who may have had similar experiences.