[IP] "failing" related to a test is problematic!!!!

At 12:58 PM 2/21/01 -0500, someone wrote:
>Anything over 140 is failing.  That is why they want her to come back for
>the the 3 hour GTT.  Just because she did not pass the 1 hour test does
>not mean she will fail the 3 hour test.

The tests only show what the body is doing, so appropriate treatment can be
initiated....  If we "cheat" to not fail a test who does it hurt?

I think there is a general feeling that with diabetes that if "we find the
right FIX" we won't fail....

What expectations related to diabetes have helped you feel like you have

Just because people don't talk about negative diabetes experiences doesn't
mean that they don't exist...

It is amazing how many "me too's" echo around the room when the real story
is told....

Jim S.