Re: [IP] Health question

In a message dated 2/21/01 10:46:26 AM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I am a diabetic for 5 years.  Been trying to get the pumper but, still
> working with the Air force and VA doctors.  I am 32 female.  I have been
> having shortness breath and chest pains for over two weeks.  And the
> doctors can't fine anything worng with me yet.  I keep asking them if it
> has to do with my Diabetes.  But no answers.  I have EKG's, lung scans,
> Breath pressure test.  And all came not okay.  If anyone can help please
> e-mail me personal. Thanks
> Melissa McClcerren
> email @ redacted

Hi Melissa,
your tests came back not ok?
I don't know if your problems are diabetes related or not.
I have read in a book called Diabetes For Dummies by Alan L. Rubin MD that
there is a rare kind of autonomic neuropathy that can involve heart
abnormalites from loss of nerves to the heart.
My endo says there has not been much research done in this area so drs just
don't know much about this neuropathy.
The symptoms are listed as:
The heart may not respond to exercise by speeding up as it should.  The force
of the herat may not increase when the patient stands, and the patient then
becomes lightheaded.  A fast fixed heart rate also may occur, and the rhythm
of the herat may not be normal.  Such patients are at risk for sudden death.

I read up about this because I have the thing where my heart does not respond
to exercise by speeding up as it should.

I also have also read that heart problems happen a lot to diabetics, not
talking about the neuropathy part here.
I hope you and your drs can figure out what is wrong.
Hope this info is helpful.
type 1 diagnosed 9-81
new pumper!!
started 8-21-2000