No Subject

Can anyone tell me what it means when my friend's bg is 157 after taking a
glucose test during her pregnancy?  They are asking her to come back for a 3
hr fasting test and she asked me what that meant.  Ideas?

Thanks, Linda

Sounds like gestational diabetes evidently this was a random bg. i guess
they want to do a glucose tolerance test but it sounds like your friend is
intolerant of glcose now glucose tolerance test is dne by taking a fasting
bg then giving you a drink of glucola (disgusting glucose loaded cola
flavored drink) based on your weight then doing a bg at half to 1 hour
intevals to see how your bod gets rid of the glucose, spot