Re: [IP] pregnancy glucose test

I just did the 1hr screening test not too long ago. From what I
understand, most drs now will usually dx you with gestational
diabetes if 2 of the numbers on the 3hr test are elevated (I
think it used to be 3.)

Deb said:
During pregnancy (usually between 24 and 28 weeks), a bolus of 50
mgms of glucose (in the form of a cola or orange drink) is given,
and bg is tested one hour later. If it is over 140, either a 3
hour GTT is done, or sometimes a fasting and then a 2 hour. If  a
certain number of these (it is either 2 or 3, my brain just can't
remember right now,) is elevated a dx of gestational diabetes is
made. If not................she is not considered to have GDM.
Hope that helps.

little guy due 3/10/01
http://www.geocities.com/southard8/photos4.html (new 3D
ultrasound pics!)