[IP] Re: pregnancy glucose test

> Linda,

During pregnancy (usually between 24 and 28 weeks), a bolus of 50 mgms of glucose (in the form of a cola or orange drink) is given, and
bg is tested one hour later. If it is over 140, either a 3 hour GTT is done, or sometimes a fasting and then a 2 hour. If  a certain
number of these (it is either 2 or 3, my brain just can't remember right now,) is elevated a dx of gestational diabetes is made. If
not................she is not considered to have GDM.
Hope that helps.