Re: [IP] pregnancy glucose test

In a message dated 2/20/01 8:40:18 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Can anyone tell me what it means when my friend's bg is 157 after taking a
 glucose test during her pregnancy?  They are asking her to come back for a 3
 hr fasting test and she asked me what that meant.  Ideas?

Well, I would imagine that the 157 showed up at a time when it was
unexpected, so they believe she may have gestational diabetes. To find out
for sure, it sounds as if they plan to have her come in when she's fasting,
have her drink a set amount of glucose, then test her BGs over the next three
hours to see if she does, indeed, have diabetes.

Jan and Elvis