Re: [IP] Moochers?

At 04:30 pm 2/20/01 email @ redacted wrote:
 >I agree.  I am not a moocher.  I never ask for a penny for the free nutrition
 >guidance I have given out on this list.  A Consultant Dietitian with my
 >experience can easily make $75-100 per hour, yet because we have a common
 >'problem' (I only call it that for lack of a better word coming to my angry
 >mind right now,) I gladly provide advice if I can.
 >I may have only been a member for 3 months, but if this is how you will
 >insult people, I must question if you really want all of as members?
 >No where on the website does it say that in order to be a member, you must
 >pay.  If you had stated that for '$XX  you can receive Blank-blank-blank' I
 >would have paid.  But for now, I am trying this site out.  Even a bank will
 >give you a trial membership and usage of online banking for 3-4 months.

There has never been an obligation to pay for anything on this list. It's
all totally voluntary. And, people who don't contribute are definitely NOT
moochers. That's what this service is for. It's for everyone!! If you can
afford to contribute, we really appreciate it. If not, please don't ever
feel guilty about it because it's certainly not held against you in any
way. I know for a fact that no member of the admin staff has ever called a
non-paying member a "moocher". In fact, it makes no difference to us one
way or the other. Everyone gets the same service. Members who use that term
really need to look at http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/netiquette.shtml. We
should never judge, or make negative statements about another member, no
matter what our motivation is.

Sam Skopp