RE: [IP] Daily total insulin usage for the preggers lady

When I was pregnant my doctors told me that keeping your total units down
as much as possible helps keep your insuling resistance down.

----- Original Message -----

From: Sherry
Compton

To: email @ redacted

Sent: 2/20/01 12:27:27 PM

Subject: [IP] Daily total insulin usage for
the preggers lady

I have a question for the group.  When I last saw my ob/gyn he
asked me how many units per day I was up to.  He said as long as I was
staying under 100 units that was fine. My basals have almost doubled in some
parts of the day now that I'm in the middle of month 6, and my carb ratios have
increased as well.  I am getting awfully close to that 100 unit
mark.  Does anyone know why it would matter, though?  If it
takes that much insulin for me to have the correct bg's, what would be the
alternative?  I don't think any type of oral medication would work on
me as a type 1, would it?? Does anyone know what the significance of my daily
totals are, or what I would do to lower them (other than stop eating
completely)?

I will ask the doctor when I see him March 2, I just wondered.

Sherry C

 From the massive city of Bowling Green

--- Andrea and Greg Rueff

--- email @ redacted