Re: [IP] Log Books

>Anyone with a microsoft word prcessor can easily make and
>print their own log sheets. Just use the table feature and tell it
>how many columns and rows you want. Spacing of the columns
>is adjustable and headings can be typed in at the top.

This is what I did. I didn't like any of the pre-printed logs I'd
seen, so I made my own.

>I record all sorts of good stuff, i.e., which finger I jabbed last,
>date, time, BG and of course, if one wanted to they could think
>of many other things they might like to record. In the two or
>three lines of the header I also record the telephone number of
>my Endo and CDE just in case.   BW

My log has space to count protein, fiber, and fat as well as
carbs. I also have a column where I write in "C" for count
or "E" for estimate (about the nutritional content of a meal).
And I have nice wide columns for exercise and notes ("Bus
late," "stressful meeting," "bleeding at site," etc.)

I had to make a new log when I started the pump so that I
could have one column for basal rate and one for bolus. I
used to have one sheet that went from day to day, but now
I have a separate page (half-sheet) for each day. I just started
using Glucopilot for the graphs, and I may be able to figure
out a way to adapt it to include all the information I like to
keep track of.

/Janet L. (not really all that obsessive...)