Re: [IP] another ultra question and update on insurance

>Why do you want a Ultra instead of a Freestyle?

Shane currently uses a Fasttake and likes it a lot. We already have the
cable and software for the Lifescan meters, and our insurance prefers we
use a Lifescan meter. Also the Freestyle appears to be bigger than the
Fasttake and Ultra and Shane doesn't want to go any larger than what he
has. As for why we would like an Ultra instead of another Fasttake - the
Ultra uses slightly less blood and even shorter testing time. I know it
doesn't seem like a huge improvement, but if the small improvement would
get him to test even one more time each day I would consider it

on a somewhat related note - Walgreens and Therasense have an offer
going right now where you get a free Freestyle if you buy 2 boxes of
strips. However, the pharmacist tells me that he thinks you must
actually pay for the strips yourself, not use insurance to pay for