Re: [IP] ANTE UP!!! [Challenge to those with insurance]

>I am shocked that only 10% of us have contributed.  That is really
>disgusting......Everyone is now challenged, AGAIN, to match my $10 per
>month, which is automatically put on a visa cards, I never miss it, and it
>does good for so many, mostly me.   There will always be some of us who
>really cannot afford to pay.  Lord knows, diabetics to have to spend a lot
>of money on staying healthy.   But, 85% of you probably blow $10 bucks a
>month someway.  Your credit card number is more secure on the net than it is
>when those little carbons hit the retailers wastebaskets

I know for a fact that some of the members who have donated to IP are not
covered by healthcare insurance and pay 100% for pump and supplies from
income or credit.  If we can do it; those on healthcare plans sure can!

Diabetes mgt runs me about $6,000 per year in after-tax dollars and yes i
am spending a lot more than I make but I hope the pump will eventually
allow me to feel good enough to get a job with an employer who has a group
healthcare plan.  The credit I spend now on health and the IP list (No pump
docs up here) is a sound financial investment!

$10/month divided by $6,000 per year is only 2% of the cost of diabetes
mgt!  I bet teh test strip company's profit form my illness is about 25% of
what I spend.

So, come on to you with healthcare plans  - you're already getting a lot
for free!

Darrin Parker
Nova Scotia, Canada!
Pumping for 2 months thanks to the support of wonderful internet friends!
of MDI!  (To date:  50% improvement in average bg's and 85% fewer hypos)!