RE: [IP] NYTimes.com Article: Attacking Juvenile Diabetes With Ed ucation About Eating

Steve Winer [mailto:email @ redacted] wrote:

> Here we go again - even the NYTimes can't get it right.
> Isn't the term "Juvenile Diabetes" related to T1 - not T2 -
> perhaps some
> education needs to be done - and perhaps a few letters to the
> editor might
> help...

Well, if you mean using the term "juvenile" in the title and then talking
about type 2, then I suppose, but later in the article, it says

"Most children with diabetes are afflicted with Type 1, or juvenile
diabetes, an autoimmune disease in which the body's defense system attacks
insulin-producing cells, crucial for using and storing sugar. In Type 2
diabetes, the body makes insulin but not enough to overcome defects in the
sugar metabolism pathway."

Seems to me they got it right.

Jim Handsfield
mailto:email @ redacted OR