Re: [IP] basal rate question

>Does anyone experience high bg's after napping?  If I nap on
>the weekends, I am usually high when I wake up.  I figure that
>it is probably the same hormones that are present in the am
>when one first wakes. Any help?

We are only now starting to recognize the complex events that control our
individual daily rythums.  There are complex and not well understood
relationships between internal releases of numerous hormones and sleep

For years the endos blamed my "habits" of sleep for the high bg's in the am
and come to find out form teh doctor at the sleep clinic; the high am bg's
and my unusual sleep patterns are due to my own body's natural hormone
rythum.  Can't be changed.

point is that yes, you may be right.  What happens while we are asleep is
entirely different than when we are awake.  this is why it is not possible
to get an acuarte O/N bg profile when one wakes to the alarm each hour or

Darrin Parker
Nova Scotia, Canada!
Pumping for 2 months thanks to the support of wonderful internet friends!
of MDI!  (To date:  50% improvement in average bg's and 85% fewer hypos)!