[IP] Ultra Meter

Picked one up a week ago - the small quantity of blood and speed are super!
I've run some random checks against my FastTake and AccuCheck Complete and
they come out nearly the same number (less than 5 mg/dl difference on the
same sample).  The strips are a bit smaller and have to be inserted a bit
further into the machine than with the FastTake.  Also, I've noticed that
the strips are a bit more flimsy than the strips for other meters.  The
adapter for the new pokey is not available yet (its for use with the arm or

If you use the InTouch software, you'll need to upgrade (free on the
website) to version 1.32 of the software.  The meter doesn't require an
adapter (like the FastTake does) as there is a mini-plug outlet on it.

The meters cost $95 and have a $65 trade-in coupon.  My CDE doesn't have
freebes yet, but noted that she expects them soon.  At the TCOYD conference,
a LifeScan rep said that they will replace other LifeScan meters with the
Ultra if you call.  You may be able to get a complimentary meter, but when I
asked, I was told that the comp's were a couple months back ordered

Cindy, how do you like your Ultra?  I'm hooked on it!

Tom "Pump Daddy" Wellman