> anyone else using it and what are your results???

I bought one just over a week ago, and I've been using it since (7-8
times a day), and I'm very happy with it.

I upgraded from a OneTouch II (which I've had since my diagnosis 8 1/2
years ago), and its a huge improvement.  I did some testing with both
meters the first day, and readings are a bit higher with the Ultra, but
that's to be expected as its plasma calibrated (and the OT II was whole
blood calibrated).  They were all in the expected 10-12% higher range.

The only problems I've seen are:

1. The meter counts down as soon as any blood gets drawn into the strip,
so if you flinch or shake, its easy to mess it up.  At the same time,
though, it works very well 99% of the time for me and uses an extremely
small amount of blood.

2. My arms won't bleed, even with the lancer at its deepest setting.  So,
I've given up on this feature, but I don't think I'll miss it that much.

And, yes, the 5 second test is quick... very quick.  When I first tried it,
it had already counted down and given me a result before I realized I had
gotten the blood sucked up.  The fact that its faster shouldn't bother
anyone.  I'm satisfied with its accuracy and wouldn't hesitate at all to
use this meter.

If you have any other specific questions, let me know.