From: Andrew Bender, M. D.

To: insulin-pumpers-digest

Sent: 2/18/01 11:39:26 PM

Subject: [IP] Does anyone have a Precision
QID or Precision Xtra?

Subject: [IP] Does anyone have a Precision QID or Precision Xtra?

I got a letter from my ins co (Aetna US

Healthcare) and they said for me to have my strip

covered under their "formulary"(regular cost

prescription) that I had to switch to one of

these.  Right now I get strips for my Accuchek

Complete through them but pay $25 every month.

If I go with the new meter I can get my strips

for $12 a month(same cost as other scripts).  I

just wanted to know if anyone had one of these

meters and if they like it.  Is it downloadable

so I can print reports off for my endo?  Is it

easy to use?  Does it take a very big drop of

blood?  If you have the Xtra is it easy to use to

test ketones?  Any info would be very much

appreciated.  By the way the insurance company is

willing to send either meter to me at no cost.

Lettie

I have the precision extra and like it very much, the case is'nt great
for

the strips and should be better designed,it can be down loaded the'll

probabbly send you the software thru your cde or her medisense rep.
my

gripe is that it doesn't remember the calibrations for ketones or
glucose,

it needs to be recalibrated, also a design feature i don't think was
well

thought out. the strips are a little hard to get out of their foil
packs.

if you have a meter you like, have your doc prescribe it with the
strips.

then present it to your insurance company they are required to cover
it.

spot

--- Andrea and Greg Rueff

--- email @ redacted