Re: [IP] What to tell the Endo?? (suggestions?)

>To the untrained eye I could see someone thinking we are all over the
>map...What if the Endo challenges me with something like..."Well, this is
>apparently not working."  I KNOW it is, and the highs and lows are so easily
>and quickly corrected. This Endo is very intimidating.  She will quiz me on my
>knowledge of ratios etc. and there are things we pumpers do that are tried and
>true tips from others, but are not text book practice.
>I just don't want to look like I do not know what I am doing.  I KNOW I am
>doing the best I can and it takes time to get on track.
>Maybe just some examples of how you pumpers or pumper kids were treated by
>your endos would be what I am looking to hear about.

Same here and I am expecting a similar confrontation with my endo in march.
He told me everyone fails on the pump.  Game plan:

I am going in armed with stats and hopefully an improved HeA1c.  There is
no way any eye cannot see that pump control has improved the numbers, even
if the HeA1c is the same.  Further, the quality of life has been enhanced
due to the pump.

There are only two reasons to use pump therapy:

#1.  To improve quality of life

...or ...

#2.  To improve control (not just the A1C but ease of corrections, fewer or
less severe highs and lows and more predicability of bg's and trends etc).

If you accomplish in part only one of the two above, let alone both, no
matter how partially; you should stay on the pump.

Thus, if after the evidence is presented; my endo fails to see the light
and write prescriptions for my pump supplies and H etc; i will sue him for
the after-tax costs i am incurring and cannot write-off my taxes becasue he
won't write a prescription for a therapy which shows immediate improvement
in a patient's quality of life and healthcare mgt.

I know not all of this is relative to your situation but you now know you
aren't alone in such a battle.  I assume you are in a situation as i am
where you have no choice as far as endos.  (I really envy those who have
more than one endo to choose form in a jurisdiction).

Regards and lick!

Darrin Parker
Nova Scotia, Canada!
Pumping for 2 months thanks to the support of wonderful internet friends!
of MDI!  (To date:  50% improvement in average bg's and 85% fewer hypos)!