[IP] HbA1c

DIABETES FORECAST recently ran the following correlation between HbA1c and
Blood Glocuse levels:
HbA1c %                         Avg BG (mg/dl)
14                                      360
13                                      333
12                                      300
11                                      270
10                                      240
9                                       210
8                                       180
7                                       150
6                                       120
5                                        80
I have been a type 1 for 40 years and since HbA1c testing came in vogue (it
was definitely not in the old days) I have never tested more than 7.2 and
then told by my endo that that reading was just fine. I generally run the
gamut from 4.7 to 6.2 and still have some wild and rapid exscursions between
lo and hi. I also have had many complications especially with the eyes.
Color me totally unuimpressed with HbA1c test results. BW