Re: [IP] frustrating weekend trip

>At this point I'm very frustrated.
>For long car trips how much do you raise basals???
>In the near future we will again be visiting Eve's sister. What do we do?
>Any ideas?

This soounds fammiliar.  I can understand your frustration.  This sort of
stress or social stress situation requires expereimentation.  Next time
raise the basal to .3 and next time to .4 and test frequently.  Eventually
you'll find the target.

I have had four once a month meetings with my astronomy group and for each
one I have done this.  A temp basal of 1.3 starting at the time I leave
home, drive 1.5 hours, meet (soically for 5 hours) results in a constant
skewing upwards of the bg form normal to 300+ (with corrections which do
little).  Next month i attend with a temp basal of 1.5 and hope this works

Darrin Parker
Nova Scotia, Canada!
Pumping for 2 months thanks to the support of wonderful internet friends!
of MDI!  (To date:  50% improvement in average bg's and 85% fewer hypos)!