Re: [IP] Infusion Set problem...

>I recently inserted a Silo and the next day I noticed blood started to fill
>the catheter at the site.  After I pulled the site to change it, the area
>bled perfusely and now left a large black and blue.  Is this "normal"?  (I
>am a new pumper is haven't had this problem occur yet)
>Thanks in advance for your help!

This is normal in that it does happen occassionally.  You probably hit a
blood vessel.  Remove this set and do another insertion at an alternate
site.  What you have is basicly a big bruise or hemotoma (sp?).

What a pain, eh?

luck to you,

Darrin Parker
Nova Scotia, Canada!
Pumping for 2 months thanks to the support of wonderful internet friends!
of MDI!  (To date:  50% improvement in average bg's and 85% fewer hypos)!