[IP] Free Accucheck meters?

But many of us have insurance which pays for the strips. But you
> > can't use the insurance to pay for the strips in the "buy the strips get
> > the meter" promotions
> > Laura
> Why not? When I got 100 strips (Accu-Chek Comfort Curve) through
> insurance the pharmacist offered me another A.C. Complete. Isn't the
> requirement to purchase 100 strips - no matter the method of
> payment, i.e. insurance or out of pocket? If there's a coupon, read
> the fine print. If it says *may not be used in conjunction with ins.
> program* or some such wording, then I'll agree with the post. If
> not, get the free meter. YMMV (~_^)

If you call Accucheck and explain the circumstances they'll most
likely just ship you one.
email @ redacted

I called the 1-800 number on the back of my Accucheck Complete because I wanted a
spare meter.  My back up is a LifeScan and takes different types of strips. And
recently I left my Accucheck in my mother's car after a day of shopping and had to
use the older Lifescan. The problem with having a back-up of a different type is
buying two types of strips, and hoping your old bottle is not expired. I'm testing
7-10 times per day right now, and I just think it would make sense to have a back
up that uses the same strips.  So I called the 1-800 number and told the customer
service rep. just how many strips I am buying, and asked politely for a free
back-up meter.  She said "no".  She said I should check out rebates on packages at
my local stores.  I guess I am just being cheap, but there are so many things I
need to buy to get ready for the baby, that I don't want to be out any money for a
new meter, especially just a spare.  I wonder if I should call back and try again?
I really hate making calls like that because they make me feel so awkward!  I have
only in recent years conquered some of my shyness, and I have to really psych
myself up to make a call like this. GRRRRR... JUST GIVE ME A FREE METER, LADY!!!

Sherry C
>From the massive city of Bowling Green, KY
Wanting a second meter.  Hey, anyone want to trade?  I've got a LifeScan One Touch
Basic I will give someone for an AccuCheck.