Re: [IP] The First National Commercial for the Insulin Pump

At 08:55 PM 2/15/01 -0800, you wrote:
>I wonder what that device was... from what I've read the first insulin pump
>was invented around 1978 and came from a company called Autosyringe. Maybe
>one of our old-timers can verify this and/or shed more information.

I wore a CPI Betatron pump in about 1982.  It was carried on the belt and a
little smaller than a small brick (as I remember).  Had rechargable Ni-Cad
batteries and a LCD control panel.  Infusion sets were straight steel
needle tipped but with all its size it was still an improvement over MI.
The Betatron two came out a year or so later and then CPI tried to produce
a Betatron 3 which had so many problems that they quit the pump business
(in 1994 I believe).
Bob Blakely