Re: [IP] Re: Gail's vent

  You ask about the parent's involvement during those first 23 days.  There
are some facilities that do not allow ANY visitors during the first 30 days.
This is a difficult time for all involved and the facitlity staffers need to
be the ones in control of the patients without interference.  And usually
during this time emotions run rampant for both the kids and their parents.
The parents should have been going to separate counseling if this facility is
being run properly.  That is their 'job' during the first 30 days.  But it
does not surprise me that the parents had little or no contact with their son
during this start-up time period.  I use to work at a rehab clinic in the
Navy.  It was fashioned after the Betty Ford clinic (or I should say her
clinic was fashioned off of this particular clinic, since it is the one she
went to.)  And that is standard practice.

Mom to Joshua