[IP] MASHED POTATOES & HUMALOG PEAK.....LOL

i'm sure you guys are sick and tired of all these carb counting questions,
but i'm just paranoid to bolus for htings like this all at once!  does anyone
do a dual wave or square bolus for mashed potatoes if eating alot (sometimes
that's my whole dinner  :O)   or do you maybe give half now and half in a bit
like for pizza?
i think what i'm not absorbing in my brain is the fact that the humalog will
NOT peak as soon as i bolus......LOL
also, when do you find your humalog peaks?  mine seems to peak at about 2/12
hours......... anyone else take that long?