[IP] Update on Child in Drug Rehab

Hi folks

After spending the day with internal affairs. Basically I not in any
trouble but gag ordered. I have full reassurance that all actions will
be taken against the facitily and the medical team by our
department including the ending of the contract for the beds in the
facility that is effective immediately. All the rest of our kids that are
there are being moved by the end of the weekend.

As far as parental involvement the child is a ward of the state. His
casemanger that should be looking out for him called me today.
She said that he is one of about 300 kids on her case load. This is
not unusually here. His mother actually lost here rights because
she wasn't attending to him medically. (Kid has been in DKA about
9 times in the last two years) Mother was paying drugs for herself. I
work with a hard to understand popluation at times.

I talked to the case manager and we are going to see if we can get
him a pump now that medicare is approving. The kid is about 16
and will probably be geared to going into a supervised independent
living situation. I'm keeping in touch with this one. What kills me is
that all the kid was the courts for was stealing (from a grocery
store numerous times. And the drug treatment came because the
kid smoked pot once or twice and Human Service didn't have a
placement for him so they used the urines to place the kid
temporily. I hate to say this but it happens ina very overcrowded
and under staffed facilties.

As for the kid. He is feeling better now that his bs are down. They
had them about 200 today. I called Medisense and explained a
little bit about the situation and they are sending me a meter with
about 400 strips to start the kid off. It is being overnighted and I
hope to bring him the meter tomorrow or Saturday. He's a sweet
kid that has been put though a lot.

As I know more I'll share
Gail J Donohue