Re: [IP] MY FIRST DAY ON THE PUMP :o) ANY THOUGHTS???

> 1.)  There was overlap in the two boluses you took earlier (1.7 unit
> adjustment, bolus for chips).  Overlapping boluses in tandem with lower
BG's
> would tend to synergize the action of the insulin and create a higher than
> normal response level.

When I first starting pumping my CDE requested that for the first month I
adhere to the following restrictions.

1.  Bolus for all food when eating.
2.  No Boluses less than 4 hours apart.

This of course eliminated grazing and reduced the flexibility possible with
the pump but it avoided the  problems mentioned above and it created some
discipline on my part. I found it to be a worthwhile start-up protocol.