Re: Re: [IP] MY FIRST DAY ON THE PUMP :o) ANY THOUGHTS???

LOL
It is not me, I have been pumping better than 20yrs.....
and time you take insulin you need to uderstand how it works, the time of it takes to get out of your body. When I started on my AS6c.. I was told to record everything, rates, bolus, placement of infusion set on body, kind of set, anything I did I record, how I was feeling...REMEMBER TO RECORD EVERYTHING.... I still do this even today so glad I have a computer where I can record thing.
> Rodney,

Good first day on the pump.  Just a couple of thoughts:

1.)  There was overlap in the two boluses you took earlier (1.7 unit
adjustment, bolus for chips).  Overlapping boluses in tandem with lower BG's
would tend to synergize the action of the insulin and create a higher than
normal response level.

If you bolus at a level of 200, for example, to counteract the chips, the
reduction in your BG will not be as great as the same bolus at a level of
100.

Two boluses which are overlapping and starting to peak, will have the same
kind of effect.

If it were me, I would consider the possibility of a reduction in the basal
setting at that time interval, if the pattern continues.  Otherwise, chalk
it up to the above phenomenon and go on about my business.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Bud Hopper
Bud, thank you for the laugh. But as I wrote before THE UNUSED INSULIN RULE needs to be looked at. Unless you are waiting 8 hour or more to bolus you need to look at what insulin you had take before to see if it is still working, BUT then if you have a big move of your basal rate you need to check that TOO! What is why it takes time to get it right. But for the first Day on a pump that was a GREAT START TO PUMPING. :-) So....................

REMEMBER TO SMILE AND BE HAPPY

         Rodney