Re: [IP] MY FIRST DAY ON THE PUMP :o) ANY THOUGHTS???

Rodney,

Good first day on the pump.  Just a couple of thoughts:

1.)  There was overlap in the two boluses you took earlier (1.7 unit
adjustment, bolus for chips).  Overlapping boluses in tandem with lower BG's
would tend to synergize the action of the insulin and create a higher than
normal response level.

If you bolus at a level of 200, for example, to counteract the chips, the
reduction in your BG will not be as great as the same bolus at a level of
100.

Two boluses which are overlapping and starting to peak, will have the same
kind of effect.

If it were me, I would consider the possibility of a reduction in the basal
setting at that time interval, if the pattern continues.  Otherwise, chalk
it up to the above phenomenon and go on about my business.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Bud Hopper