Re: [IP] bedwetting

>OK, this is embarrassing - for my son.  Brian is getting ready to go on the
>pump and I have been reading EVERYTHING I can to get ready.  My question now
>is about bedwetting.  Brian is a VERY sound sleeper and if he has an
>"accident" it doesn't even wake him up.

First, please don't be embarrassed of any medical problem.  As with
diabetes; make sure Brian knows bedwetting is yet just another common
medical problem and no reflection on him in anyway.  To boot it's agrivated
(or caused) by diabetes' highs etc.  I saw a number of childhood freinds
suffer needless embarassment, as well i did in my pre-diagnosis days due to
some silly slants on this problem.  As a 9 year old, in those days, we were
seldom allowed to use the washroom more than once a week while in school.
So of course I had several accidents in school due to being chronicly high
from diabetes and the lack of DM knowledge at that time.   As far as poor
Brian goes, remind him that anytime he gets flack for this (form others or
himself) to remmeber that there are few, if any humans who never wet the
bed at one time or another in their lives - esp. those of us who had

Sorry i can't help with the medical end of thiings on this one but you
appear to be doing your own research as well and trying different things.
Just don't let this additional medical problem ruin his self-esteem.  DM is
bad enough to grow up with w/o aditional crap for a kid to deal with!  He &
you have support.  Since kids are kids and bedwetting is common childhood
problem among them; i hope you get first hand experieces form some parents
here on this one.  I know I have seen this issue raised here before.  You
aren't alone.  As we all hear about this, AT LEAST this one does tend to go
away on it's own with age!

Good luck, Brian is lucky to have a well-informed, supportive mom like you!

Darrin Parker
Nova Scotia, Canada!
Pumping for 2 months thanks to the support of wonderful internet friends!
of MDI!  (To date:  50% improvement in average bg's and 85% fewer hypos)!