[IP] Anemia Question

Has anyone hear had anemia that has NO underlying cause?  I am currently
anemic at such a low iron level that I am considered depleted.  My doctor
suspected my stomach was bleeding from having to take Motrin for many years
due to a shoulder injury.  I had an endoscopy done today and my stomach is
not bleeding.  Stool samples were negative for blood. My doctor, I'm sure
will run other tests but has anyone ever heard of long term diabetes causing
anemia this badly?  I check my sugars quite often and wonder if even those
8-12 drops of blood per day used to test could eventually cause this.  Any
advise would be appreciated as I would certainly like to find the cause of
this.  Currently I am on daily iron supplements.

Thank You, Linda