Re: [IP] Those darn non-DM'ers

In a message dated 2/14/01 3:03:43 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I say we revolt and overthrow all non-DM'ers.
Absolutely! Where do I sign up?

Yesterday I met with a lady salesperson who was selling me yellow pages
advertising for the year, she had just taken over the area from the old rep,
who I loved talking to, he was a Type 2.

So my new secretary offers me a homebaked cookie at 9am and I tell her
thanks, but I don't like to eat them in the early morning because they take
so much insulin then and I'll have one later.  The saleslady then proceeds to
ask about my diabetes, cause she knows ALL ABOUT IT because her 80 yo aunt
"got" it last year. I briefly explain that I'm type 1 for the last 20 years.
She tells me, "Oh, then your diabetes isn't so bad to live with, you've had
to NOT EAT SUGAR all your life so you're used to it and my poor aunt had to
give it up and she misses it so."

I give up.  Oh, and I gave her a really bad time about the ad and got a
pretty good price break.

Oh well, more ignorance looms on the horizon tomorrow,