> From: email @ redacted
> i got my results back from my 24-hour urine.
> my 24-hour protein was 2139!!!!!!  normal is 0-150!!!!!!
> my microalbumin was 1313!!!!!  normal is 0-25!!!!
<snip> does anyone know at what point one needs to go on dialysis?  what is
> deciding urine result that 'pushes one over'?
> gina

I'm sorry you got those results. Do you know what your creatinine level is?
(xx.x) That will give you your level of function. I URGE (well, INSIST) you to
request to see a nephrologist. My endo was rather upset I asked for one when
my function was at 35% but I reminded him of the DMer who came to him too late
for a sore that wouldn't heal. After 2 amputations on one leg (up to his
thigh) and he died, Endo said, "I wish I had come to me sooner." I told endo
that I didn't want a neph to say that about me. I lost 15% function in 1.5yrs
being on a low-protein diet. When I started seeing a neph and changes made, it
took 6 years to lose another 17%.

Dialysis starts at 10% although I have heard some nephs start at 14%. I wish I
had known today's ways of pumping instead of keeping me in the pump guinea pig
mode of 17.5 years ago; PERHAPS my function would be better off. Who knows?
But, find out your present function (creatinine level) and strive to keep it
there WITH the help of a nephrologist.

We recommend DMers see endos who are pump friendly. I recommend DMers who have
kidney problems to see nephrologists to KEEP their function. That's their
specialty. Best to you dear. I don't want to visit you in dialysis cuz I
do'wanna go either. (~_^)

http://maxpages.com/bludasue AND http://www.picturetrail.com/dmbashpics
Poor spellers of the world, untie!