Re: [IP] Advice for a beginner

I've had diabetes so long I don't even remember having a comfort zone.

But seriously, going on the pump was a big change for me.  I think in many
ways it was like getting diabetes all over again, only as an adult instead of
as a kid.  I felt terrified of being dependent on the pump as if I'd never
been dependent on injections.

To be honest, I think it took me about six months to get over my worries.  I
don't think I've ever muddled through a more worthwhile adjustment.  Unless
you count the adjustment to being married  . . . or the one to having a child.