Re: [IP] Telling employers

As scary as it might be to tell an employer it is by far worse to
pass out from a hypo and have no one know what's going on. When I
told my employer it went along these lines. I have been diabetic for
20 yrs. I am in good control. I may need to eat , test etc on
occasion. This has not posed a problem for me in the past at my other
job(s). Maybe explain what a hypo is and how to treat it. My boss has
glucose gel in her office for me. At first people questioning me
about my sugars was unnerving but I got used to it. Several came up
to tell me about a spouse or family member who was diabetic.
Unfourtunatly diabeasties is all too common in our world. The calmer
you are about it, they probably will be too.

Best of luck,

Sign up for a free About Email account at http://About.com