[IP] Talking with OB/Gyn

I saw my Ob/Gyn today. We are still trying to get pregnant
(hopefully this month will prove fruitful). But we were going over the
changes that I'll need to make with the pump. We decided to keep
the Humalin R going in the pump (not that it is a choice) Bolusing
with both pump and Humalog pen. But he suggested that I might
cut my nighttime basal in half and take the other half with NPH for
coverage. I understand the theory behind this and it even makes
the suggetion in the Pumping Insulin book. Basically to prevent any
Ketoacidosis during the night. Has anyone who is/was pregnant
done this? How successful was it? To date I have not had any
trouble going high during the night or trouble with the site coming
loose etc...in the 6 months on the pump. I would think that this
would play out differently with morning numbers. I also get up on a
regular basis and test between 2 and 4am. Is this really necessary?
Gail J Donohue