[IP] Bread vs. Candy Bar

Difference between the two is fat content.

If I bolus for the 30g of the two pieces of bread I will be fine.
If I bolus for the 30g of the candy bar I will run low because of the fat
content.  I digest the candy bar much slower.  Typically I would bolus half
up front and square the rest over a couple of hours.  But in the end I have
bolused the same amount of insulin for the same amount of food.  I have not
noticed as much a difference between the sugar content.  However, white
bread I believe is the standard that one of the glycemic indexes is based
on.  Hard to get more carb then all carb.

But as is said on this list...YMMV.

-- Sherry