After reading the MANY emails about these doctors who aren't willing to deal
with pumps or who want pumps only temporary or just plain won't consider ANY
changes at all, I'm wondering, are doctors not REQUIRED to have CEC's each
year like most RNs and other licensed personnel?  I mean for awhile I was
working for a hospice agency as an Nurse's Assistant and I was REQUIRED to
have CEC's as an aide.  And whether your state requires it or not one would
think that a really informed MD of any field would want to know what all of
the latest information is available, especially in their field of choice.  It
really scares me to think how ignorant these people are who we turn to in
order to help keep us well.  Or our children.  I have definately come to
realize since my son's dx 3.5 years ago that doctors are not gods, they don't
know everything, and some of them that I have had to deal with don't know
ANYTHING and act as if they got their diplomas through some mail order
agency.  It is definately the time for ALL patients and parents and whomever
to TAKE CHARGE of their own medical needs and start telling these doctors
what THEY, the patients want, and that if the MD they are currently seeing
won't cooperate with THEM, the patients, then a new MD will be found.  And in
today's society where HMOs and insurance basically call the shots, if enough
patients start leaving these uncooperative MDs for another they, the MD might
find themselves out in the cold!!

Just my opinion, from one who has TAKEN CHARGE!!!

mom to Joshua