Re: [IP] Getting back into shape

NLD stands for (get ready) Necrobiosis Lipoidica Diabeticorum - they are'nt
really sure what causes it but the collagen tissue breaks down in your skin so
they are sort of flat and shiny with sort of a raised ring around the outside.
It is linked to diabetes but they think people without diabetes can also get
them.  I have 3 on my right leg and one on my left.  They are heinously
unattractive and it has taken me several years to get up the nerve to wear
shorts, bathing suits, etc. in front of people I don't know.  Anyway, they can
turn into sores and because the tissue there is damaged (I guess) they take a
really long time to heal.

>>> <email @ redacted> 02/12/01 06:13PM >>>
In a message dated 2/12/01 12:33:56 PM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 08:33:18 -0600
> From: "Laura Barnett" <email @ redacted>
> Subject: [IP] Getting back into shape
>
> However, two years ago, I had an NLD lesion open up and it would not heal
> for
> Several months.

Hi Laura-- What is a NLD lesion?

Donna