[IP] pregnancy and retinopathy

For those of you who have been pregnant, how often did you get your eyes
checked during pregnancy? Did you have retinopathy prior to pregnancy? I
have had my eyes checked twice so far- at 3 1/2 months and at 6 months. I
don't have retinopathy, although I know that it can progress if one has it
when one is pregnant. I'm supposed to go back a few weeks before my due date
to get them checked once again and then 3 months after delivery. I'm just
wondering what others have been told to do, and what experiences you have
had. If you didn't have retinopathy prior to pregnancy, did you develop it
during pregnancy?