[IP] re: independence

i was diagnosed at age 7, and my parents were awsome.  they started giving
me freedom right away. they made me learn to do my own blood tests, draw up
the insulin (they would alway check it when i was young)  and give my own
shots.  i started doing my own shots in the hospital, and never again did
they do them.  as for lows at night, i'd say by about age 10 i was
completely on my own for lows. i kept (and still do keep) apple juice at my
bedside. when i'm low, i'm not too coordinated, so i'm better to just lay
there and drink instead of trying to get up.
hope that helps!
Erinn, pumping with Vinnie for 13.5 months