Re: [IP] independence

Does this friend have a child with diabetes?

I am a 44 year woman who has been diabetic for 38 years.  When necessary I
have always solved my own hypoglycemic reactions.  When there is someone who
loves me to help in the middle of the night, I frequently take advantage of
this.  I don't think there is way in which a kid who tests his/her own blood,
uses a pump, thinks about all food, exercise, etc. and confronts mortality
daily, can be spoiled by a little extra support.  It would be really hard to
have diabetes and not be more independent/mature than most people.