[IP] Re: Children Treating own lows

> > I am the mother of an 11 year old T1 - to start pumping March 1st.  <snip>
It's just I had a friend (who of course does not have a child with diabetes)
who thinks that an 11 year old should be able to get their own juice, cereal,
glucose, whatever.  Jocelyn, mom of Brian >>

You'll find that the ones with the most knowledge are those who have never
experienced it at all. ;-)  The childless know the best how to raise kids,
etc. etc.  When Brian has a low, and he has been programmed unconsciously to
do the best thing for himself at the time (see you) that could be because his
Brian brain  (sorry - couldn't resist) tells him that is what he needs because
of insufficient glucose. I had candy in a plastic zipper-type bag for years
and always got up to the kitchen not realizing it was right there. Sometimes
I'd even stumble on the way; if only I had stayed there and eaten some of it!
I have reprogrammed myself now. He's only 11 - he won't be doing that at 31.

http://maxpages.com/bludasue AND http://www.picturetrail.com/dmbashpics
Poor spellers of the world, untie!