Re: [IP] pumping and ice hockey

> In a message dated 2/10/01 1:42:38 PM Central Standard Time,
> email @ redacted writes:
> > This is pretty common for us. After particularly hard play or more
> > than one game, Lily will lower her basals a tenth for the night to
> > prevent a night time crash. It has been pretty predictable for her
> > after back to back games.
> >
> just a little curious as i am jsut starting my pump:  does such a
> miniscule reduction actually have an affect on BGs?  that sounds
> like such a tiny amount  :O)  again, i'm just starting so i have no
> idea........... also, is it that important to say bolus 1.8 or 1.9
> instead of 2?

The bolus change wouldn't make much difference, but a change in basal
rate of 0.1u/hr would be a 0.8 u difference over night. This would be
about a 50 point bg rise for Lily. I she was really worn out from a
tournament, she might lower basals by as much as 0.2u/hr --
corresponding to a 100 point difference in bg's. Of course her bg's
don't actually change that way -- that's to point. Instead of going
low, the stay where she planned (most of the time).