Re: [IP] Getting back into shape

In a message dated 2/12/01 9:37:11 AM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> .  Any advise on
> getting started, not getting discouraged, etc?

   This sounds like a paid commercial, but I'd seriously recommend Weight
Watchers. It's no longer a regimented "diet", but truly a realistic way of
being cognizant of your total daily intake. I've lost 11 pounds, but it's
taken 16 weeks - the s-l-o-w-e-s-t I have ever lost weight. Prior to joining
in October, I had been exercising diligently & eating healthily, but even
though my choices were sound, the quantities were more than this
pro-menopausal body needed to function. In fact, a friend who exercises
religiously & vigorously just called to ask me if she could join, even though
she "only" needs to lose 10 pounds, because she's realized at this stage/age
of life, what worked in the past no longer works to lose weight. The added
bonus for my family is that Melissa & my hubby are also more cognizant now of
quantities & choices than they had been before, & will jokingly ask me "how
many points" something is before they eat it!
regards, Renee (Melissa's pump mom)