Re: [IP] independence

In a message dated 2/12/01 8:54:02 AM Eastern Standard Time, email @ redacted

> .

    I think it's more than OK...my 18 yr old daughter still gets me up
sometimes & we joke about our 3 am "tea parties", which our dog usually joins
too! She's perfectly capable of doing so on her own & will be doing just that
in another 6 months when she goes off to college, but given all that she does
do at this point, having had diabetes for 1/2 of her life, I'm more than
willing to sacrifice 5-10 minutes sleep to make her feel less "alone" with
all of this.
   As for your "friend", unless she's a BTDT-er (been there/done that) her
advice, however well-intentioned, doesn't carry any real weight in this
particular domain.
Regards, Renee (Melissa's pump mom)