Re: [IP] independence

Speaking from the perspective of the diabetic, I think it would depend on
how clearly he is thinking. When I was a diabetic at 11, there was no way to
know for sure if I was low or not (there was no in home BG testing in 1973)
so the determining factor at that time was being "shaky" and would treat it
myself based on that. I know for myself, I do not think clearly when I am
low and have trouble reasoning and this is compounded by being groggy from
sleep. If he is capable of and, more importantly, confident about treating
his own lows, then I would think it would be fine for him to do so. I think
that decision should is yours and his to make.
--
Peter
Type I - 1972